Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Work



The majority of my work is done with pen and oil based colored pencils. Bright vibrant colors, tight clean lines and smooth shading can be seen in all of my work. I try to astound my audience with seemingly adolescent subject matter that sometimes has an eerie twist. Precise shading and attention to subtle color changes gives my curious subject matter a realistic feel. All of my art starts out with a light gestural line drawing that I build upon with different line weights and thicknesses to establish depth.

I don’t remember when I started being interested in art.  Drawing has just been something I have always just done. I really started gaining speed with art what when I realized I could draw pictures for my friends. My drawings made them laugh and were funnier than any joke I could think to say. My usual medium back in those days was on lined paper with a number 2 pencil. As it stands today my favorite audience is still my laughing friends but I use many different mediums.

I work almost exclusively in sketch books and I rarely ever complete any of my creations. In the past 5 years I have filled every page of 10 visual journal sketch books from front to back with drawings and ideas. I have never made any large works and I have only actually finished a hand full of pieces in my life. The pieces I considered to be finished are small and not extremely detailed like the majority of my sketches.  I would like to start pushing my self to produce art outside the pages of my sketch book and be able to display some of my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment